Catholic schools exist to serve the community, particularly the Catholic community of St. Catharine Parish. In addition, the school helps to reinforce parental efforts to share faith values with the children. St. Catharine School is open to children of parents who sincerely seek an education that integrates the Catholic faith with a strong academic curriculum.
- Registration is considered final only after all materials have been submitted. The required forms are outlined and contained in the registration packet. Incomplete or false information may cause rejection of an application.
- The custodial parent is required to submit a certified copy of any child custody documents pertaining to their child.
- A child must be five years old by September 30 in order to enroll in kindergarten. Parents interested in early entrance must confer with the principal and acquire a copy of the Diocesan policy governing early entrance. Students must attend a state approved kindergarten before being admitted to first grade.
- Enrollment priority (Grades 1-8) is given to active, contributing members of St. Catharine Parish and then to members of other Catholic parishes. Others are welcome on a space available basis.
- Enrollment priority (into Kindergarten) is given on the following basis:
Admission Guidelines for Entrance into Kindergarten
(Must be 5 years old by September 30)
Order of Acceptance
December Enrollment (Due by December 16, 2020):
|Category 1||St. Catharine Parishioner whose family is in good standing* and whose child has siblings at St. Catharine School (K – 8)|
|Category 2||Catholic Family who is currently registered at another Catholic parish and whose child has siblings at St. Catharine School (K – 8)|
|Category 3||Non-Catholic families whose child has siblings at St. Catharine School (K – 8)|
|Category 4||St. Catharine Parishioner whose family is in good standing* and whose child has no siblings at St. Catharine School (K – 8)|
|Category 5||St. Catharine Preschool family who is a non-parishioner or is currently registered at another Catholic parish and whose child has no siblings at St. Catharine School (K – 8).|
|Category 6||Other Catholic families who have no siblings at St. Catharine School and did not attend St. Catharine Preschool and belong to another Catholic parish.|
|Category 7||Non-participating families|
- Good standing parishioner who attends weekend Mass and contributes to the needs and mission of the parish.
- Deadlines matter. Priority will only be honored if pre-registration deadlines are upheld.
- Within the prioritized structure, applications will be treated on a first come, first served priority.
- The above serve as guidelines. The Pastor and principal have the final decision on all student admissions.
- Adherence to the policies and standards of St. Catharine School is required for enrollment and continued attendance at the school.
Please visit the Registration page for more information & forms.