One of the most important decisions you make is the school your child attends. Each of us wants an educational environment committed to high academic standards, yet one that recognizes and encourages the unique individual child. We want a school that is safe and conducive to learning. And while we want our children to grow academically, we also want them to grow to become confident, grounded, life-long learners who are ready to meet the demands of the complex world we live in. St. Catharine School provides this environment for your child from preschool through eighth grade.
A part of the Columbus Catholic Diocesan school system, St. Catharine offers a rigorous program of study that exceeds all guidelines set by the Ohio Department of Education. St. Catharine School has implemented additional academic standards across the curriculum that have proven successes including:
- St. Catharine students continually excel on standardized testing.
- A third of our students in recent classes received scholarships to nearby private high schools.
- Two-thirds of our students received Honor Roll rankings in high school — exceeding the 40 – 45% for students in neighboring schools.
- A well-rounded student body that is rich in solid moral examples.
In a recent ranking, graduates of the Columbus Diocese school system had one of the highest rates of passage (93.4%) of all five state-mandated proficiency exams of any district, public or private, in the state. In fact, only one school district in Franklin County outperformed the Columbus Diocese schools.
Technology and More
- While St. Catharine is a comparatively small school, it is equipped with the latest technology and a wide range of educational opportunities.
- Every classroom is equipped with computers and Clevertouch Boards.
- There are two computer labs, a fiber-connected campus, and classroom sets of laptops for use by students in grades three through eight.
- St. Catharine School also offers Spanish language education, advanced reader programs, and school-sponsored enrichment opportunities.
- Our excellent in-house library (with its own endowment) includes access to the full Columbus and Bexley Public Library collection.
- Our experienced and highly credentialed staff average more than 17 years of experience and post-graduate work.
- St. Catharine offers art and music programs with their own dedicated teachers on staff.
- Extracurricular sports programs are available beginning in 4th grade.
St. Catharine School is more than just an educational institution; it is a “school family” with model programs supporting our students, many of which have been adopted by other schools, including:
SPICE (Special People In Catholic Education) – a program which raises and allocates funds and resources for students who may need additional support in achieving their academic goals.
Partners in Education — a program that has made it possible for our school to fund field trips and provide guest speakers, resident artists, and musicians at no cost to students and families.
Our strong Home and School Association provides many social activities for our families to enjoy, in order to help build a strong sense of community in addition to providing funding to pay for extra needs of our teachers and buses for school functions.
St. Catharine’s highly regarded, 5-star rated Preschool offers an excellent opportunity for young children (ages 2½ to 6) to begin building a solid foundation for their future educational success in an organized, nurturing environment.