A comprehensive program of religious instruction is central to our educational program.
Weekly Mass Participation & Planning:
Students attend weekly Mass and participate in a variety of religious experiences such as Stations of the Cross, Penance Services, prayer services, and daily prayer experiences as a school community. Students are encouraged to participate as servers, lectors, cantors, and assist with the planning of the liturgy during the assigned class Mass schedule. See the Calendar for the assigned class Mass schedule.
Religion Class & Service Activities:
Religion class is part of the daily schedule and the Diocesan Religion Course of Study is followed. This Course of Study addresses Catholic Church doctrines and traditions. Through classroom instruction (30 to 40 minutes daily), the message of Christ is integrated across curriculum areas. A sense of community is fostered in an atmosphere of respect and concern for all students. Service activities throughout the year provide students with various opportunities to learn about the needs of others and become involved in service towards those who need prayers and assistance.
Sacramental preparation is an integral part of the religious life of the school and parish. Home study and family involvement are important to these preparations. Parent information sessions are held so that parents can be actively involved in the sacramental preparation. Parents are required to attend information meetings on sacramental preparation to provide them with information that will allow a more active role in their child’s faith formation.
- 2nd grade students prepare for First Reconciliation and First Eucharist. Following are important related events; see the Calendar for specific dates for this school year:
- Parent Meeting – September
- First Reconciliation – February
- First Communion Rehearsal & Mass – April
- 8th grade students prepare for Confirmation. Commitment to a service organization or project is part of Confirmation preparation. This service commitment begins the second semester of seventh grade. This is a one-year commitment. Following are important related events; see the Calendar for specific dates for this school year:
- Parent Meeting -September
- Confirmation Rehearsal & Mass – May
St. Catharine Parish Opportunities:
Altar Server – To become an altar server, you must be in at least 5th Grade and have received the sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion. Please visit the Parish’s Liturgical Ministries page & complete the sign-up form.
Middle School Youth Group
Grades 6-8 ∗ 2nd Saturday ∗ 6-8 pm ∗ School Gym